Frequently Asked Questions

Please review some of the Gorospe Law Group personal injury attorney law firm’s most frequently asked questions regarding personal injury due to car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and commercial trucking accidents in Tulsa and the surrounding areas. If you’d like to submit a question for us to review please use our contact page to email us!

Can I take my car wherever I want to get fixed after an accident?

Yes. You can take your car to get fixed wherever you choose.

My car was repaired after my wreck. What about the lower value of my car?

Your car’s value may have lowered because it was repaired after a wreck. A diminished value (DV) claim is what you would want to present to the at-fault party’s insurance company. The DV claim will be presented by a properly qualified auto appraiser to provide the difference in market value of your car immediately before the accident versus the value after repairs.

What does minimum $25,000/$50,000/$25,000 liability coverage mean in my auto policy?

This means that in each accident you are covered for up to $25,000 in bodily injury per person, $50,000 per accident and up to $25,000 in property damage. So, if you cause an accident and injure 4 people, the most any one person could receive from your policy is $25,000 and the most your policy will pay to all the people you injured is $50,000 aggregate.

$100,000/$300,000/$100,000 would provide up to $100,000 in bodily injury per person, $300,000 per accident and up to $100,000 in property damage.
It is highly recommended that you do not only carry the minimum coverage if possible.

What kind of car insurance should I have?

The only coverage you must have by law is liability coverage. Liability covers damages you cause to another person or their property. The minimum coverage amount in Oklahoma is $25,000/$50,000/$25,000. It is highly recommended you purchase additional coverage such as medical payments or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.

Medical payments – This coverage provides payment of medical bills related to injuries sustained in a wreck in your car. It is a ‘no fault’ coverage which means that this coverage applies even if the wreck is your fault.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UIM) – Up to 20% of Oklahoma drivers are driving without insurance. Do you trust that the person that injures you or your family has insurance or enough insurance coverage for all the damages they may cause? UIM coverage covers you and those in your family in the event you, your family or passenger sustain injuries caused by a driver without insurance or without enough liability limits to cover your bodily injury damages.

Will my insurance rates go up if I use my car insurance?

No. If an accident is not your fault then your insurance carrier can’t raise your premiums or deny coverage for using the coverage you have.

I think I was hurt in my accident. Should I see a doctor?

Absolutely. If you’re injured, you need to seek medical attention from the doctor of your choice.

I was injured and my car was damaged, should I speak to an attorney?

For sure. Attorneys that practice in the field of personal injury know how to maximize their client’s recovery and put their client’s mind at ease so the client should focus on is healing. At Gorospe Law Group all consultations are free and no legal fee is paid until the case is complete.

Existing & New Clients! Schedule a phone conference, virtual meeting, or in-person consultation (office or on-site visit). Call (918) 582-7775 or click here.